Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ending the hiatus


Hello, again. Let's see, I guess since it has been nearing 6 months since my last update I should wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, & Happy 2014. I know, my bloggie, it has been a LONG time since the last time I have written you. It isn't that I forgot about you, I just hit a dry patch in my creative, or maybe just my productive, part of my brain for a little while there. Just because I haven't spent a lot of time speaking to you doesn't mean I don't care for you! I am one of those people who can go a long time without speaking to good friends. One of my oldest & dearest friend and I can go many months without speaking, and as soon as we see each other we talk a million miles an hour starting right where we left off as if no time has passed. I do realize that this is a bad habit that I should break. Honestly, I just didn't feel like writing. That is nothing against you as a blog, Ms Granny Square Flair., I just didn't have anything that I wanted to say. I haven't spent that much time on the crochet hook either. I finish a baby blanket for a cousin in the fall. I have been adding a couple rows to my ripple afghan for my bed, and I have been working on a beanie for myself with some wool yarn I have had for a while now. I haven't been excited over any crochet projects over the last few months. I haven't even taken many photos. That being said, I am ready to awake from my creative hibernation. I recently read a blog post by Jeff Goins about his 500 word a day challenge. With that in mind I have been writing 500 words a day for the past couple of days. Goins' challenge is to do this every day for 31 days. I am hoping that this will result in some good future posts for you.
I will admit that I thought about starting another blog that would focus on more personal entries. I did start a new blog the other day, posted one entry and then decided Tuesday night that I wanted to keep everything here on Granny Square. So I got rid of the new blog & here I am. I started slacking-off updating this site because I felt bad if the content I posted wasn't directly related to crochet. I let that thought get in the way of writing for this site. As much as I love crochet, I cannot blog about it every day. I will continue to crochet, and post about it. But I decided to let myself be ok with the fact that I cannot write or post about crochet all the time. I might be obsessed with crochet, but I am not that bad. This little site is my cozy little spot on the internet. I feel comfortable and at home here. I can say I missed writing you, Granny Square Flair.
hannaH

No comments:

Post a Comment