Last week I was nominated by the lovely Megan, of I have thoughts, for a Liebster Award. I had never heard of this award before, but it sounded exciting.
Well, it turns out it is exciting (at least it is to me). Liebster is a German word for beloved, sweetheart, etc., basically a German pet name from what I gather. A Liebster award is a wonderful way for the author & readers of different blogs to get to know and interact with other bloggers out in this great blogosphere.
Here are the rules:
1. Answer the 11 questions ask by the blogger who nominated you
2. State 11 random facts about yourself
3. Write another list of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
Here are the 11 random facts I came up with about myself:
1.I am a follower a Jesus Christ
2. My favorite colors are green & purple
3. I have been singing for different audiences (none of them huge) since I was 5 years old.
4. I do not like bananas
5. I get excited when I notice the time is 7:21 (my birthday)
6. I often do not realize that I am talking too loud (& yet my hearing is almost perfect)
7. I look just like my dad
8. I like to sign my name “hannaH” because I am dyslexic
9. I will take off running for no reason. I just get an urge to run.
10. I can sing the first line of In the Navy in Japanese
11. I fine a man more attractive if he is left handed
Here are my answers to Megan's questions:
1. what is one of your life goals? One dream I have had for years is to go on a mission trip to an African country and work with orphans. Maybe help with a week of Vacation Bible School. I mainly want to minister & show Christ’s love to children without families of their own.
2. do you consider yourself a hipster? I guess so. I am not sure what the definition of a hipster is. What is the definition of hipster? All I know is that when I see someone who does characterizes themselves as a hipster I do like their style, the way the dress, etc. It sounds like a cool title. Sure, call me a hipster.
3. what is the best concert you've ever been to? I love the Avett Brothers, and saw them at The House of Blues in Myrtle Beach in 2010. They were awesome & I would love to see them again. The only problem is that my brother’s & I don’t drink, and the fact that the concert was at a bar left us being the only people not wasted that night. That was the only thing I had against that concert, & the only thing holding it back from being the best. Last year my family & I saw the ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro (here he is covering Bohemian Rhapsody) at Wingate University. He is incredible. Not only is he an amazingly talented musician, he seemed very down to earth and likeable. I love that it was just Jake & us (the audience). Jake’s concert is probably my favorite.
4. if you were to road trip, where would you go? I would love to drive across the United States. It is one item on my bucket list. I want to take a two week vacation and see all that I can of my country and my neighbors who live throughout it.
5. are you an american idol watcher? who's your fave this year? Sorry, not this year. It has been a couple years since I have watched the show. I think I stopped once Simon left.
6. what is your favorite season? My guess would be the year Fantasia Barrino won. She is a fellow North Carolinian, so I have to represent. Her performance of “Summertime” was incredible.
7. what is your dream job? It would be a stay-at-home mommy. Just like my mom.
8. what would your day look like if it were all up to you? I would have to start with great cup of coffee & quite time/Bible study. A day filled with abundant sunlight & warm temperatures while I went for a scenic walk. I love days full of creative productivity & beauty. I would finish it up by having dinner with loved ones, & spending the evening laughing until I am sore with them. God’s beauty, creating, loved ones; my ingredients for a great day!
9. how do you feel about the hunger games? I have only read the first book & enjoyed it a lot. I liked the movie, the book was better (as always). I have a hard time sitting down and finishing a book on my own. It is the ADD-type personality in me. I have to have some great incentive to finish a book, like “the movie is coming out and we all want to see it”. I am like this with any book. I finish the first Hunger Games book because the movie was coming out that weekend. I wish I was a person that can focus & finish a book in a reasonable amount naturally, but I rarely do. I will be able to read the other volumes when it is closer to the movie release date. Just watch.
10. do you like to cook? what's your favorite meal? I love pasta dishes, simple pasta dishes are my favorite meals. I am more of a baker. I focus more on desserts.
11. were you more of a tomboy or princess growing up? I have never been much of a princess type. But I was not a full tomboy. While growing up my favorite movie was The Wizard of Oz. I would act out the movie, put on my only red shoes (which were a pair of Converse), grab my favorite stuffed animal (which was a white seal) & pretend he was my Toto. I am the girl who has big dreams and loves to sing, like Dorothy. I think she would be somewhere between tomboy & princess.
It's a great day....
Sans Limites Crochet
The INC Family Connection (my mom, once she gets the blog running)
According to Laura Jean
For those of you who are counting, I realize I only listed 8 nominees. I don’t read enough blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What color are your eyes
3. What is the best thing you have ever eaten
4. What is your dream vacation?
5. What would you title you autobiography?
6. Dogs or cats?
7. What is your idea of a perfect meal?
8. What was the last thing you can remember that made you laugh?
9. Which is your favorite season?
10. Where is your favorite place to have fun?
11. What skill do you wish you had?
I can't wait to read your answers!
Have a wonderful day!