Wednesday, April 23, 2014

being thankful


I haven't been crocheting a lot lately (or not enough to write a post about), nor have I taken many photos. But while I was riding in my Jeep I decided that I should write a post of gratitude. It does a body good to express gratitude. I know I don't do this nearly enough.
Now, I am not one of those weird people who is never in a crabby mood & acts like everything is wonderful. I have my regular moody moments. And I know that things can get pretty horrible and you need to have a crying/screaming moment or two. Life is not always wonderful, but I have learned from experience that it is good to take time & smell the roses and be thankful for them.
Here are just a few things I am grateful for:

  • My mom had a successful cataract surgery. I am thankful that all went well with that.
  •  I was able to spend time singing and laughing with my brother & a dear friend the other night.
  •  I am thankful that we have had some nice rain to clear the air of pollen (the pollen where I live can be pretty hardcore).
  • I am thankful for the longer, warmer days.
  •  I am thankful for what Christ did for me & what this past Sunday represents.
  • I am thankful for where I am, & at what time in history I live. 
  • I am thankful for the peaceful quiet times, and the loud & crazy times.

What are some things you are thankful for?

"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:18
 
 God bless!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment