But in keeping things light & happy, here are my five favorite happenings from this past week:
- I saw the movie God's Not Dead on Tuesday night. It was a wonderful film. I, as a Christian, highly recommend it. It was so uplifting, & it blessed me that evening. I really made me think of this verse: So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. -Matthew 10:32-33
- While mowing my grandmother's yard, I barley missed running over this baby bunny. He was so sweet & precious. I am so glad that my aunt knows someone who was able to keep him until he is ready to be on his own.
- I loved the colors in my April Julep Maven box! I have been using the blush I received for the last couple of days. I am hoping to paint my nails with the polish this weekend.
- The Dogwood trees around my house are starting to bloom. I wouldn't say that Dogwoods are my favorite tree, but I do really love them.You know Easter time is on it's way whenever you see dogwood flowers in the South. I have heard people use the Dogwood to tell the story of the crucifixion. The flower has four petals, like the four sides of a cross. The flower has a center that looks somewhat thorny (representing the crown of thorns). And the most common color of the flowers' is white (Jesus washes you whiter than snow).
- I had my yearly physical this week (which is not fun) & received a clean bill of health (good to hear). I am not trying to brag, but am trying to show gratitude for the fact that I am, at this moment, healthy. I have many friends & family who are not blessed with good health, & I realize that we are not promised a lifetime full of health. Most people I know, & probably most people you know, have died do to failed health. I try to keep in mind that my hardiness is not infinite & I should appreciate what I am blessed with right now, & know that it can flee at any moment.