Friday, March 28, 2014

high five for Friday

Happy Friday, peeps! I hope you all have had a wonderful week, and or have a fun weekend ahead of you. We have made it to the last weekend of March 2014! Can you believe it? I don't know how the weather has been in your neck of the woods but around here it seems that when ever we take one step forward with a nice sunny, spring like day, we then take about two steps back soon after that with cold and wet days following.
I recently discovered a blog by Lauren Elizabeth. I have really been enjoying her site. She has a link-up party every Friday, High Five Friday, where she lists her 5 favorites of the past week and gives other readers the chance to link-up their blog and share their 5 favorites. I thought this is a great & fun idea, so I decided to participate this week. Be sure to check out Lauren's blog to see her High Five Friday, & a chance at discovering some new blogs to enjoy.
1. My little brother & sister-in-law treated us to Smashburger Monday night as a very sweet thank-you gesture for helping them move into their new house. Smashburger is a delicious burger joint, with a very cool atmosphere. My whole family thinks this place has some of the best, if not, the best burgers we have ever tasted. Their burgers are made from fresh, 100% Angus beef, and the burgers are prepared a ton of different ways! 
When you have a taste for one, there is not much that can beat a good burger! ( I would have taken a photo of the hamburger, but I ate it too fast. You'll have to settle for this cool sign instead). 


2. Here is another food reference, hehe. I purchased this gelato by Talenti at my local grocery store the other day out of pure curiosity. To the best of my knowledge, I have never tried gelato (aka: Italian ice cream) before. Yummy! I bought two pints; Sicilian pistachio (seen below), & sea salt caramel. Both of these flavors are delicious & super creamy, & the ingredients taste very fresh. This is a little pricey treat, I paid about $4 for each pint (so I will save my next purchase of Talenti for a "special" occasions), but it is super tasty. I have taken my time and held back the urge to devour the whole container in one sitting.  I ate about 1/3 to 1/2 each pint in a sitting at a time over the past week. The lid is a screw-on, therefore resealable. I finished the pistachio first, cleaned it out & have been using the container to store cotton swabs in my bathroom. So,, really the $4 was an investment in bathroom storage ;)


3. My sweet little maltipoo, Owen, had a haircut recently, & this has been very beneficial in our cuddle time. Less stinky hair


4. I am loving all of the new blooms. My dad loves flowers. He planted a ton of hyacinths last year, & they have started to pop up all over the yard. I love the deep blue color of most of the flowers, & and the surprise pop of the fuchsia hyacinths that are scattered amongst them.


5. My last favorite of the week is this Youtube channel I rediscovered the other day. The channel is The Tommy Edison Experience. Tommy, who has been blind since birth, explains his perspective on life and certain experiences as a blind person. He talks about his childhood, how he doesn't understand what colors are, & explains how he can function without sight. He has a great sense of humor: he has a video of him making play-doh sculptures, guessing the color of scented markers, & he even shows how he uses Instagram. Yes, you can follow a blind man on Instagram (check it out)! 
He really makes me smile. I love his outlook on life & his great personality. You should check out his channel!




Have a great weekend!
God bless!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment