Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tunisian Tuesday: week 2


Oh, how wonderful it is to end a cold & rainy Monday by changing into your p.j.s & cuddling with a sweet pup while grasping a hot cup of chamomile tea, a hook, and yarn. Well, I consider it wonderful, but to each her own.
I just unraveled the Tunisian crochet swatch I made last week and tried the same Simple stitch with my new size K (6.5 mm) afghan hook by Yarnology. I have only finished a few rows, but I can tell that the larger hook did help to minimize some of the curling in the project (all though curling is to be expected in Tunisian crochet from what I hear; I am still learning and investigating other methods to prevent the work from rolling up on itself).
A tutorial that I think is super helpful for learning the simple, or basic Tunisian crochet stitch, is this post on Moogly blog. Tamara Kelly made an easy to follow video, and an easy to understand photo tutorial all in this one post.
I am not 100% certain what I want to create, but I think that I will be making a pillow/cushion. One of the first Tunisian crochet projects I remember stumbling upon was this cushion from According to Matt. I love it! It is so pretty, and I feel that it is simple enough for a Tunisian crochet novice, such as myself, to attempted.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
God bless!
hannaH

No comments:

Post a Comment